What: Wheelchair Rugby Canada will host a wheelchair rugby demonstration game for the media and the public at the Flight Exec Center in Dorchester on Jan. 17th at 2 p.m. Fifteen Toronto 2015 Para Pan Am Games hopefuls, including eight Ontario athletes, will show off the fast-paced, hard-hitting sport of wheelchair rugby.
Who: The Canadian wheelchair rugby national team.
The Ontario athletes vying for a spot on Team Canada for the 2015 Toronto Para Pan Am Games are:
- 2014 World Wheelchair Rugby Championship MVP Zak Madell (Toronto, ON, originally from Okotoks, AB)
- Cody Caldwell (Cavan, ON)
- Patrice Dagenais (Embrun, ON)
- Ben Perkins (North Augusta, ON)
- David Willsie (Dorchester, ON)
- Garett Hickling (Dorchester, ON)
- Mike Whitehead (Windsor, ON)
- Shayne Smith (Toronto, ON)
When: January 17th at 2 pm
Where: Flight Exec Center, Dorchester, ON
2066 Dorchester Road, Dorchester, ON, N0L 1G2
Why: In advance of Toronto 1015 Para Pan Am Games, the media will have an opportunity to collect wheelchair rugby b-roll, interview potential athletes and coaching staff and see wheelchair rugby live.
How: For more information or to schedule an interview, please contact:
Communications & Marketing Manager
Wheelchair Rugby Canada