(Dorchester, ON) – As they prepare for the Toronto 2015 Para Pan Am Games, the Canadian wheelchair rugby national team will hold a demonstration game at the Flight Exec Center in Dorchester, Ontario on Saturday, Jan. 17th at 2 pm. The media and the public are invited to come watch the hard-hitting sport of wheelchair rugby. Entrance is free.
The squad includes seven Ontario athletes, all of whom are vying for a spot on the team for the Toronto 2015 Para Pan Am Games.
The roster includes:
- Miranda Biletski (Regina, SK)
- Byron Green (Vancouver, BC)
- Trevor Hirschfield (Vancouver, BC)
- Yanick Racicot (Salaberry de Valleyfield, QC)
- Patrice Simard (Quebec City, QC)
- David Willsie (Dorchester, ON)
- Cody Caldwell (Cavan, ON)
- Ben Perkins (North Augusta, ON)
- Patrice Dagenias (Embrun, ON)
- Ian Chan (Vancouver, BC)
- Shayne Smith (Toronto, ON)
- Fabien Lavoie (Quebec City, QC)
- Mike Whitehead (Windsor, ON)
- Zak Madell (Okotoks, AB)
- Garett Hickling (Dorchester, ON)
Team Canada is currently ranked second in the world after winning silver at the 2014 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships in Odense, Denmark. The team has won medals in 9 of 11 major international events.
Where: Flight Exec Center, Dorchester, ON
When: Saturday, Jan. 17th at 2 pm
What: Demonstration wheelchair rugby game between Team Canada wheelchair rugby players.
For more information or to schedule an interview, contact:
Communications & Marketing Manager
Wheelchair Rugby Canada