Congratulations to the eight athletes selected to attend the Wheelchair Rugby Canada Prospects Camp at the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre this week. The Prospects camp is aimed at athletes at the beginning of their wheelchair rugby career. Participants will participate in on-court sessions led by Adam Frost and learn how to lead a high-performance lifestyle.
The selected athletes are:
- Joel Ewert (Prince George, BC)
- Jeff Scott (Victoria, BC)
- Mike Barker (Calgary, AB)
- Branden Troutman (Edmonton, AB)
- John Loeppky (Regina, SK)
- Matt Delby (Windsor, ON)
- Anthony Letourno (Montreal, QC)
- Jeremy McDonald (Halifax, NS)
The athletes will be joined by peer mentor Kristen Cameron. Cameron, who is the niece of Ottawa Senators coach Dave Cameron, was a high-level hockey player and coach before she sustained a spinal cord injury.
The Prospects Camp will take place from Jan. 11 – 14 at the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre. From Jan. 15 – 16, TPASC will also host the Toronto Invitational Wheelchair Rugby Tournament.