The Paralympic Games are an exciting time for athletes and fans alike. Team Canada is lucky to have a legion of supportive friends and families around the world. In order to maximize our performance, however, we ask that friends and family follow some these guidelines when communicating with athletes and staff:
- In order to perform in London, our athletes will need to rest and focus. For this reason, they will be on a strict schedule and we ask that you do not contact them directly outside of "Friends and Family" times. In case of an emergency, please phone Cathy Cadieux; (we'll send you this number ASAP). She will consult with Andy Van Neutegem and make a decision about when and how an athlete should be told about an emergency.
- The best way to communicate with an athlete is at designated "family time" in London. Please consult the sidebar for these times.
- Please be aware of the time difference. Our athletes are grateful for good luck messages....just not at 3 a.m. local time in London.
- Athletes will be provided with a phone courtesy of the Canadian Paralympic Committee. These phones, however, are strictly in case of emergency and numbers will not be circulated to family and friends.
- If you are joining us in London, please provide us with a cell phone, email address or other way to get in contact with you.
Thank you for your understanding and patience!